Sunday, May 21, 2006

The UK GDP came out at 0.8%

So today was an EXCELLENT day. The UK GDP came out at 0.8%, which meant a long on GBP/USD. The move wasn't that big...I expected at least 30 pips move, but the move was only about 16 pips or so. Probably because the pound gained so much yesterday and today, so didn't have a whole lot of fuel left for an upper move, but anyway, I still made money, and I hope you did too. Then we had Canadian CPI coming out at -0.2%, which meant a long on USD/CAD, according to my previous trigger. The USD/CAD went NUTS :) Gaining almost 50 pips on that. It helped that the pair was dropping all day, so was quite a bit oversold, I am sure if the number was positive, we would only get a fraction of the move down. Anyway, I am VERY HAPPY about today, made a bunch of money, I hope you did too...if you got in on time, you should've done well, because neither one of the moves had that quick of a retracement, so plenty of time to exit without any stress...

In addition to that we had the other two big movers this week, which was the UK Retail Sales, and USA CPI, which both hit the triggers, and I hope you made money. I know the TIC went crazy on us this week, and I personally lost some dough on that, but all the other reports, MORE than covered the losses on that one, and left us in a very fat profit for the week.

Anyway, if you have any profits this week, I suggest taking them out, and getting a wire transfer or a check from your broker. And don't be too stingy about paying your broker a withdrawal fee. I suggest start treating your trading like a business, and cut yourself a check on weekly basis, assuming that you are profitable of course. Because remember...profits are a lot easier to lose than your "blood money". If you withdraw profits every week, you reduce the chance of entering stupid gambling trades, because you see your account in the plus. If next week you see your account at break even balance again, after you already withdrew the profits, mentally you'll be a lot more careful and a lot more responsible with your trading. At least I am that way.

I guess wait for my next signal on Sunday night.

No comments: